Friday, November 4, 2011

Do I REALLY Want to Spend Time with Him?

To my dear friends,
I read this in a devotional some time ago. A simple question asked by a grandson, to his grandfather only a couple of days before he passed away. What a profound answer this was for me today. Hope it helps inspire and encourage you.

"Daddy Ray," I asked him, "every time I spent the night at your house, I saw you read your Bible; you must have read everything in there a dozen times over the years. What keeps you desiring to read your Bible everyday at this point in your life?"

I was waiting for a profound answer, but in his gentle and sincere voice he responded, "I guess I just wanted to spend more time with Jesus."

Sorry, friends, but that IS a profound answer for me. If God gave me His Word to communicate with me, and I don’t invest in reading it (and, sadly, I do not very much), do I really want to spend time with him?

May we all seek Him and His presence (and His WORD) more today!

I love you, friends,

Robby

No comments:

Post a Comment