Saturday, November 2, 2013

Time To Get With It


So, I've written many times about the discoveries my journey has brought me. Things like a realization that I am loved, a commitment to Truth above all else, a commitment to being real (with myself and others), etc. Now that journey brings me to a point of need in my life. I need to change some things.


I need:

1) To be a more disciplined person.

I need to develop routines in my life that build in better health, and responsibility driven outcomes on a daily basis.

2) To be a goal-setter.

While I know this may be routine for many of you, I have never been a great goal setter. Goals that are farther out than about the next hour or two have never been taken seriously by me.

3) To make progress every day.

I'm not in a panic. But, I simply MUST develop a habit of achieving something that moves me closer to my goals, and it needs to happen every day. As my dear friend, Hallerin Hilton Hill, often says, "I know you have dreams. What are you doing today to reach them?" I am ready to take up this challenge.

Well, why would I bother to put all that in a blog? A couple of reasons...

First, I'm trying to reestablish my blog posting, ramp up my writing in general, and turn it into one of those routines I spoke about above.

Second, I know that the few followers I have on this blog are folks who are dear to me, and want the best for me. So, I'm sharing my heart today to request your prayer on my behalf. I promise to keep you posted on the journey in return.

Oh, and for those of you who are saying, "Really? At your age you are just now realizing this?" Well, get over it. I'm not just now realizing it, but I am just now putting it out there where I have some exposure. I guess I am hoping that will drive some serious accountability for me.

This ought to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment